Thursday, January 2, 2014

Juice into the New Year

As of yesterday I started my first ever juice fast. eek! I've been planning on starting a juice fast on the first for a while, but was unsure about mentioning it in my blog. That's when I thought, this is what I made this blog for, to keep me accountable. After watching the documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, I  knew I wanted to do a juice fast. I may be a little crazy, but my goal is to do it for the whole month of January. Being a juicing virgin in all, I really should have started out with a 1-3 day cleanse. However, after the holiday and my lack of healthy eating for the past month or more I was determined. It was always my goal to do the fast for 30 days, so here I am. 

On New Years Eve, I hauled by butt to Whole Foods and bought out their produce section, or at least it felt like that. I had a small plan of attack going in, but once inside the store I went a little crazy. Since getting home I realized I did forget a few things I had wanted to buy, but nothing that I really couldn't continue on without. I plan on doing weekly updates throughout my journey. So make sure to subscribe. I will post my week 1 grocery list and favorite drinks on next Wednesday. 

Wish me luck everyone! && if you have a favorite drink I would love to hear your combinations. I'm still experimenting!!

Image Map